Partnerships: transforming your ideas into new products
We develop sustainable research partnerships with innovative industrial groups and SMEs to:
Enable companies to :
♦ have access to laboratory research results and leading edge technology
♦ develop their R&D projects with a technological advantage
♦ create new innovative products and services for a competitive market edge
♦ be affiliated with joint research projects
Enable LIRMM research teams to
♦ conduct research in applied areas
♦ share their skills and expertise with businesses
LIRMM research teams develop prototypes in scientific collaborations with academic and industrial partners.
They support the development and ongoing improvement of technological tools to elaborate innovative products and services.
RIDER – French-funded project
Research for IT driven energy efficiency
ICON – FP7 project
Phyl-ARIANE –French-funded project
Phylogenomics: integrated algorithms and visualizations for analyzing the evolution of life
COMANOID-Multi-Contact Collaborative Humanoids in Aircraft Manufacturing (H2020)
- To investigate the deployment of humanoid robots solutions in Airbus assembly operations that are laborious and inaccessible for wheeled platforms.
- To achieve Human-robot safe and operationally efficient collaboration
Technology concept description
- Explore multi-contact planning and control to increase robot balance and stability.
- Use of advanced visual-haptic servoing for perception and localization
- Creation of closed-kinematic chains in order to increase operational forces
Coordinator : CNRS
Contact : A. Kheddar - email@example.com
VERSATILE -Innovative robotic applications for highly reconfigurable production lines (H2020)
VERSATILE will apply dual arm robots in executing complex tasks that are traditionally assigned to humans due to their manipulation requirements. By providing the tools to quickly setup, program and operate innovative robotic systems the end user will have robotic cells flexible enough to automatically adapt to the high number of products variants.
In this context the project will focus on advancing the TRL level of the latest developments in the areas of:
- Perception for Operation in semi-structured environment.
- Easy Programming framework to improve the re-configurability/ programmability of the robotic systems
- Mobile dual-arm robotics manipulation capabilities
- Open frameworks for the ‘Plug and Produce’ based coordination of these resources
Contact : Andrea Cherubini : firstname.lastname@example.org
The HEPHAESTUS project explores the innovative use of robots and autonomous systems in construction
Over the project lifetime it shall produce fundamental technical validation outside the lab, and deliver significant results such as:
- a prototype cable robot, designed to build, repair and maintain a building façade;
- a prototype building and curtain wall system, suitable for robot assembly; and
- a business plan for widespread commercial adoption.
Contact : Marc Gouttefarde - email@example.com
HADES Project: Secure and hierarchical integrated test infrastructure to improve the operational reliability and performance of integrated systems.
The project aims to improve the dependability of a product by using Embedded Test Instrument (ETI) sensors and instruments to enable hierarchical testing of an object or application over its entire lifespan in a secure environment.
The embedded test solution developed in HADES will consist of embedded test instruments and a test infrastructure based on the IEEE 1687 standard - which defines access and control of embedded instrumentation in semiconductors -, and other I2C/SPI standards.
HADES will offer among other things:
- the possibility of failure prevention, self-correction, self-repair,
- a better tolerance for mistakes,
- diagnostic means and failure analysis,
- better traceability of the system throughout its life,
- component ageing monitoring insurance,
- facilitating interactions and control across the value chain of the entire ecosystem of a product (e.g. integrated circuit manufacturers, OEMs, integrators, end-product manufacturers, customers),
- an online testing infrastructure that will not compromise system security.
The objective is to address the following markets:
- the connected systems
- remotely controlled systems,
- the smart house and mobile telephony,
- critical systems such as automotive, avionics and space.
Arnaud VIRAZEL - Maître de Conférences- Université de Montpellier : firstname.lastname@example.org
New applications for the Internet of Things require the storage and calculation of ever-increasing amounts of data in battery-powered systems.
Emerging technologies such as spintronics and the use of new materials such as graphene or carbon nanotubes offer new possibilities for the design of embedded circuits and systems: integration of heterogeneous and miniaturized components, fast storage of large volumes of data, ultra low power, high performance processing.
The integration of these new technologies is complex and represents new challenges currently being studied by the teams of the LIRMM Electronics Department within the framework of the European projects H2020 GREAT and CONNECT.
Aïda TODRI-SANIAL Chargée de Recherche CNRS : email@example.com
Lionel TORRES – Professeur – Université de Montpellier : firstname.lastname@example.org
H2020 MONTBLANC Hardware architectures for high energy performance ECUs.
Gilles SASSATELLI - Directeur de Recherche CNRS : email@example.com
Many technologies aim to provide security bricks that can be used in mobile devices. Among the most promising, Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) offers real prospects in IoT, Telecom, e-banking...
One of the constraints of the TEE is its close link with the hardware (TrustZone Arm) and some purely "generic" software solutions, such as the WhiteBox crypto (WBC), seem to offer similar security functions. The problem is that there is no assessment of the levels of security offered, nor any comparison between these technologies.
TEEVA aims to determine the most appropriate technology for the development of mobile applications according to the desired level of security.
Marie-Lise FLOTTES - Chargée de Recherche CNRS : firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update on 03/04/2019
UPVD, INRIA, CNFM, Europe, MESR, Région LR, Montpellier Agglomération, Oséo, Synersud, LR-Incubation, Transferts-LR
Acciona, Adamentium, ADD Semiconductor, Adept, Alcatel, Alci, Aldebaran Robotics, Altera, Alternative Shift, Anayak, Antidot, Aquafadas, Areva, Ariana Pharmaceuticals, Arm, Atmel, Atos, Axe Systems, B+ Equipement, BelTech, Berger Levrault, Bosch, Brainlab, Bull, C4W, C6, Cameleon Software, Coronis, Cortus, Crocus Technology, CSR, Cybernetix, Danobat, Eads, Eca, Edf, Eduweb, Eelis, Eliis, Emco, Epsilon, Esa, Expernova, Expertise radiologie, Feerik, Fiat Spa, Fidia Spa, Flowxy, Fogale Nanotech, France Telecom, Gdf Suez, Gemalto, Genious, Gnodal, Hcm, HDRsoft, Hpc Project, Hytec, Ibiskus, Ibm, Imaios, Imec, In neon, Inside Secure, Intel, Intel Mobile Communications, Intrasense, Invia, Iocean, Ircem, Iroctech, Itesoft, Juelich, Karl Stortz, Keepcore, Kineo, Kovosvit Ds, Kuka Roboter, Maeglin Software, Mediscs, Medtech, Menta, Mesclado, Mezoa, Microsoft, Microsonics, Microtech, Mimos Berhad, Mondeca, Mxm, Namae Concept, Neiio, Nelis, Netheos, Netia, Neuromedics, Normind, Nout, Novamems, Nxp Semiconductors, Nyseos, Octipas, Oktalogic, Ona, Ophtimalia, Oridao, Osmozis, Philips, Pierre Fabre Medicament, Pikko, Pradeo, Psa, Psi Electronics, QinetiQ, Q-Star, Quietys, Renault, Robosoft, Satin Technologies, Scriptal, Siemens AG, So aDigital, ST Ericsson, STMicroelectronics, Strategies, Symetrie, Technicolor, Tecnalia, Teklatech, Tekniker, Temento Systems, Thales, Tixeo, Verigy, Vicinay, Vivaltis, Wany, We Are Cloud, Xerox.