As of October 1, 2018, LIRMM personnel totaled 408 people, including 209 permanent full-time members, 124 PhD students, 53 non-permanent members, 11 long-term guests, emeriti or long-term project researchers, and 11 regular scientific contributors.
LIRMM Human Resources as of October 1, 2018
- 52 Permanent Researchers (41 CNRS, 11 Inria)
- 118 Permanent Research Professors (104 University of Montpellier [UM], 14 non-UM)
- 23 Non-permanent Researchers and Research Professors
- 22 affiliated emeriti members (11 regular contributors and 11 long-term guests)
- 124 PhD Students
- 29 Permanent Engineers (27 CNRS, 2 Inria)
- 30 Non-permanent Engineers
- 10 Non-teaching personnel / BIATSS* (9 UM, 1 Université Paul Valéry)
Total Staff: 408
* Librarians, Engineers, Administrative Staff, Technicians, Social and Health Workers
In 2018, LIRMM’s consolidated budget was18.6 M€. Salaries accounted for approximately 12M€.
Startup Incubation and Support
Between 2008 and 2013, LIRMM fostered the creation and development of 14 innovative startups. Four of those companies were created by Lab members. The impact of the Lab can be witnessed at several levels:
- 12 of these startups were recognized by i-Lab, a French National Innovative Technology Business Competition (Concours National d’Aide à la Création d’Entreprises de Technologies Innovantes);
- 2 of them, We Are Cloud et Neiio, were selected for the 6th edition of the Official French Tech Tour of Silicon Valley (CA, USA – June 2-8, 2012);
- 60-70 jobs were created in the 2008-2013 period.
Within the French south central region of Occitanie, and locally in the City of Montpellier, LIRMM plays an active role as well, contributing to the creation of about one fourth of the startups incubated at the Montpellier Business and Innovation Center (BIC), which represent one out of every two tech companies in the area.
Last update on 18/04/2019